1 serving, which you’ll be happy to know is 1/4 of the whole beautiful pie, has 7g net carbs.
(tweaked from Comfybelly recipes http://comfybelly.com/2009/09/chicken-pot-pie/
- 10oz (about 2-3 cups) roasted chicken, shredded
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz baby carrots (about 5 medium sized baby carrots), cut into coins
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/4 small yellow onion
- 5-6 medium white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup shredded mild cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- dash of black pepper
- sprinkle of xanthum gum
- 1 1/4 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
Boil all the filling ingredients (except for the cream) in a saucepan for 10-15 minutes, or until the veggies begin to soften. Remove 1 cup of the liquid in the mixture and add the heavy cream and sprinkle of xanthum gum over the top, and simmer for another 5 minutes or so, until the flavor is developed. Make the crust by combining all the ingredients by hand in a small bowl. Add the filling to a pie pan, sprinkle the shredded cheddar over it. Take the dough, flatten it to a disk size by rolling it out between two sheets of parchment paper, and place it over the pie pan. Bake the pot pie at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes or until the crust is browned. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings, each 1/4 of of the pie.